Over the years, there has been a surge in the online hotel booking channel. Guests regard this surge as a boom for the hotel operators since it is easy to interact with guests. However, little do they know that hotel operators face hardships in handling inventory and costs on several platforms. To avoid such issues, they have launched software named Hotel Channel Manager. Do you know that several hoteliers use this software in present times? Hoteliers using this software remark that the Hotel Channel Manager has made it easier to manage hotel bookings online. Continue reading to learn Hotel Channel Manager in detail.
How has the Hotel Channel Manager made the hotelier’s job easier?
- Helps update room availability and charge– Before probing deeper, answer a question- What is the prime role of a channel manager? The prime goal of a channel manager is to update room availability and charges to their webpage from a single site. Without this software, the process would be complicated. The hoteliers would have to update room charges and availability on every website with manual labour, which is time-consuming. In addition, without using the software, the update might lead to mistakes. Though no one wants to make mistakes in their work, manual work leads to errors, though unintentionally.
However, thanks to the channel management software, which has eased work. It is possible to store all the entries on a site. Once the team update the room charges, the guests can see the same information on each associated website. For instance, the hoteliers have decided not to give a room for rent for some days. In such cases, the hotelier can update this information on a single site. The guests can see the same update on the associated webpage.
- Increasing pricing and distribution tactics– Do you think- The channel manager is limited to updating room availability and charges? If yes, you are wrong. The channel manager software is vital since it aids hotels in boosting their turnover. You must be thinking- How? The software developed has used an advanced method that helps in finding out the busiest hotels.
For instance, during peak times, the hotel price is high. However, during off-season times, they reduce the charge to a greater extent. In such cases, guests may think that the hotel is experiencing a loss. However, they are wrong. These are the policies the hoteliers adapt to draw customers during the off-season. When guests learn that the hotel charge is low, people in bulk come to such hotels. The more are the number of guests, the more is their income. Smart move- Isn’t it? What say?
- Improve customer experience and brand reputation– As you all know, for any business to succeed and become reputed, the customers should be happy. You must be thinking- How are customer experience and brand reputation related? The answer is simple indeed. When your excellent service satisfies the customers, they become loyal to your brand. They suggest their dear ones try out your brand and spread positive words. To understand better, take a real-time example. Suppose you went to a good hotel during your trip. Your friend is planning a trip to the same place. Be honest and say- Will you not suggest your friend stay at the hotel where you stayed? You will!
It is the same policy that the hoteliers adopt. Do you know what they do? They update the same information, pictures, and terms and conditions on each sight. They ensure that the update is correct and genuine. When the guests go through their website and are satisfied, they visit there. When they see the same updates as provided on the webpage, they get happy. In addition, such hotels are quick to answer the guests’ queries. As such, it also improves their visibility online.
- Reporting and Analytics- No doubt, channel management software makes it easier for hoteliers to carry out their tasks. However, are you aware that this software helps hotels analyze their performance? Do you know how? This software combines data from various sources and shows all the combined data at one site. Do you know why these data matter? These data provide details on the hotel booking activities. This software helps hotel knows about the peak period, the guest’s choices, the total number of bookings and payment made in a day, etc. For instance, the guest’s performance will help to know what the guests like the most. As such, they can make necessary changes and adjustments and improve their performance.
- Association with the Property Management Systems– It is wrong to undermine how helpful this software has been for the hoteliers. However, do you know that by integrating the software with property management systems (PMS), the hotels can enhance their performance to a greater extent?
Remember that the property management system handles hotel booking and payment. Sometimes, do you know that a hotelier sees double bookings? Hence, it is hard for the hotelier to carry out their duties. A channel management system combined with property management systems makes it easy for hoteliers to carry out their tasks in an improved way. Do you know that several hotels are using this method and remarking far better results? This method ensures that there is no mistake. Remember- Several hotels use this as a master plan. No errors from the hotelier’s end will satisfy the guests to a greater extent. When it is easy to do these online, why use manual means, which create mistakes?
Conclusion– It is hard for the hotelier to manage the rapid increase in online hotel bookings. Hence, they are looking for the best free channel manager software. The channel manager intends to update room availability and charges to their webpage from a single site. The channel manager software plays a crucial role in boosting revenue. When the guests see the same amenities and policies shown on their webpage, they become satisfied and suggest others to stay there. In addition, it enhances the visibility of the brand online. This software provides data about the guest’s preferences. If combined with the PMS, it can reduce the errors in bookings to a greater extent.